Congratulations to the Holiday Song Arranging Contest Winners!
SMP Press is excited to announce the winners of the Instrumental Arranging Contest! You can check out these titles, as well as winning titles of previous contests, in the SMP Press Contest Winners Series.
- ArrangeMe Instrumental Arrangement: Kate Agioritis, Santa Claus Is Comin’ To Town – Jazz Arrangement for Clarinet Quartet
- ArrangeMe Piano Arrangement: Dana DeKeyser, White Christmas
- ArrangeMe Choral Arrangement: Stephen DeCesare, If Every Day Was Like Christmas (for SAB)
- Public Domain Instrumental Arrangement: Michael Thomas Andrews, Christmas Ukulele – 25 Favourite Carols and Songs for Ukulele with TAB
- Public Domain Piano Arrangement: Marina Pogosyan, Carol of the Bells Easy Piano
- Public Domain Choral Arrangement: Dianne Goldrick, Silent Night, Women’s Barbershop plus solo
- ArrangeMe Instrumental Arrangement: Charlie Peterson, We Need A Little Christmas
- ArrangeMe Piano Arrangement: Sandra Zylstra, Once Upon A December
- ArrangeMe Choral Arrangement: Julie Gaulke, I’ll Be Home For Christmas for SSAA a cappella voices
- Public Domain Instrumental Arrangement: James M Stevens, O Holy Night – Flute & Piano
- Public Domain Piano Arrangement: Jenifer Cook, Manger Medley
- Public Domain Choral Arrangement: Rachel Hardy, O Come O Come Emmanuel
Each winner will receive $300, and each runner-up $100.
Special congratulations goes out to Kate Agioritis, whose clarinet quartet arrangement of “Santa Claus Is Comin’ To Town” was the highest-selling entry in the contest! To celebrate this achievement, Kate will also receive a $100 bonus.
Thank you to all who participated for their fantastic work!
- Category Winner: $300
- Category Runner-Up: $100
- Bonus for Top Seller across Entire Contest: $100
Contest Winner’s Badge on your Sheet Music Plus publisher page
Recognition on SMP Press Social Media
Recognition in SMP Press Newsletters
Inclusion in the SMP Press Contest Winners Series
Pre-approved copyrighted songs in the ArrangeMe Song List as part of the ArrangeMe program
Songs not covered by or no longer subject to copyright restrictions, including, but not limited to, these popular titles
We love perennial powerhouses like “White Christmas” and “Silent Night,” but why not stand out from the pack with these family favorites:
- “Happy Holiday”
- “We Need a Little Christmas”
- “Merry Christmas, Darling”
Or try out Vince Guaraldi’s Charlie Brown spin on classics like “O Tannenbaum” or “What Child Is This?”
Staying home for the holidays? How about taking a musical journey around the world with SMP Press and these holiday hallmarks:
- “Petit Papa Noel” (France)
- “Lulajze Jezuniu” (Poland)
- “Betelehemu” (Nigeria)
- “Mi Burrito Sabanero” (Venezuela)
- “Children, Go Where I Send Thee” (USA / African-American)
- “Dormi, Dormi, Bel Bambino” (Italy)
Not an SMP Press Member? Join now. It’s Free!
Terms and Conditions:
- The Instrumental Arranging Contest is sponsored by Sheet Music Plus and its digital sheet music self-publishing platform, SMP Press.
- There is no entry fee.
- All submissions must be new items. No existing arrangements on Sheet Music Plus will be accepted.
- Sheet Music Plus reserves the right to disqualify a title due to copyright concerns, violation of contest terms, content deemed inappropriate, inappropriate pricing (for example, a set of score and parts totaling 100 pages for $12.99), or any other reason.
- All titles associated with this contest are subject to our SMP Press Terms and Conditions.
- This contest is open to arrangers of all ages.
- There are no geographical restrictions for this contest.
- Composers can enter arrangements in more than one category to increase chances of winning; however, only one prize will be awarded per entrant, with the exception of the bonus awarded to the top seller across the entire contest, which will be awarded to the one of the six category winners that has the highest sales revenue during the selling period.
- Closing date for entry will be: October 26, 2018, 11:59pm PST. After this date no further entries to this competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not accepted for whatever reason.
- The sponsors reserve the right to cancel or amend the contest and these terms and conditions. Any changes to the contest will be notified to entrants as possible by Sheet Music Plus.
- Winners will be determined by the top-selling product in each category between October 30, 2018 and December 14, 2018. Top-selling is defined by titles with the highest total revenue. Only contest entries purchased by someone other than the entrant or the entrant’s immediate family members will count towards total revenue.
- All judging decisions are final.
- Winners will be notified as soon as possible. The sponsors reserve the right to extend the review period if more time is needed to select a winner.
- The winners agree to use of his/her names and images in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current privacy law.
- This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, or any other social network. You are providing your information to Sheet Music Plus, and its service SMP Press.