Congratulations to the Instrumental Arranging Contest Winners!
SMP Press is excited to announce the winners of the Instrumental Arranging Contest! You can check out these titles, as well as winning titles of previous contests, in the SMP Press Contest Winners Series.
- ArrangeMe Instrumental Solo: James Marler, Free Bird (Intermediate to Advanced)
- ArrangeMe Instrumental Duet: Allison Gillies, Billie Jean – String Duo (vln/vc)
- Public Domain Instrumental Solo: Diego Marani, Czardas for Alto Saxophone and Piano
- Public Domain Instrumental Duet: Benton Wedge, Flower Duet for Violin and Cello
- ArrangeMe Instrumental Solo: Wolfgang Vrecun, Fields of Gold
- ArrangeMe Instrumental Duet: Dana Kerker, Perfect – Violin Duet
- Public Domain Instrumental Solo: Lori Sutherland, Christmas Moments for Beginner Clarinet & Piano
- Public Domain Instrumental Duet: Gary Lanier, It Is Well with My Soul (Duet – Flute & Bb Clarinet – Score & Instrumental Parts Included)
Each winner will receive $400, and each runner-up $100.
Thank you to all who participated for their fantastic work!
Prizes and Categories:
We will be offering a Winner’s Prize of $400 and a Runner’s Up Prize of $100 for eligible winning entries in each category.
- ArrangeMe Arrangement, Instrumental Solo: Submit your arrangement of a song on the ArrangeMe Song List for instrumental solo for a chance to win up to $400.
- ArrangeMe Arrangement, Instrumental Duet: Submit your arrangement of a song on the ArrangeMe Song List for instrumental duet for a chance to win up to $400.
- Public Domain Arrangement, Instrumental Solo: Submit an arrangement of a public domain song for instrumental solo for a chance to win up to $400.
- Public Domain Arrangement, Instrumental Duet: Submit an arrangement of a public domain song for instrumental duet for a chance to win up to $400.
How It Works:
- Create an arrangement of an ArrangeMe song or public domain song for an instrumental solo or duet. A list of pre-approved copyrighted songs in the ArrangeMe program can be found here. A list of frequently requested public domain songs can be found here. Please note this list is not exhaustive.
- Upload your title to SMP Press from July 18 until August 16 at 11:59pm PST. Add the phrase “2018 Instrumental Arranging Contest Entry” to the product description. Titles uploaded prior to the contest submission period are not eligible.
- Sell as much as possible from August 22 through October 23, 2018. Winners will be determined by the top-selling arrangement based on total revenue.
- The category winners win a $400 bonus paid through your usual payment method. The runners up win a $100 bonus paid through your usual payment method.
- Winners will also receive a contest winner’s badge that will be installed on their Sheet Music Plus publisher page, social media mentions, a mention in our newsletter and inclusion in the SMP Press Contest Winners Series!
Not an SMP Press Member? Join now. It’s Free!
- Upload Period: July 18 – August 16, 2018
- Selling Period: August 22 – October 23, 2018
Terms and Conditions:
- The Instrumental Arranging Contest is sponsored by Sheet Music Plus and its digital sheet music self-publishing platform, SMP Press.
- There is no entry fee.
- All submissions must be new items. No existing arrangements on Sheet Music Plus will be accepted.
- Sheet Music Plus reserves the right to disqualify a title due to copyright concerns, violation of contest terms, content deemed inappropriate, inappropriate pricing (for example, a set of score and parts totaling 100 pages for $12.99 ), or any other reason.
- All titles associated with this contest are subject to our SMP Press Terms and Conditions.
- This contest is open to arrangers of all ages.
- There are no geographical restrictions for this contest.
- Composers can enter arrangements in more than 1 category to increase chances of winning; however, only one prize will be awarded per entrant.
- Closing date for entry will be: August 16, 11:59pm PST. After this date no further entries to this competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not accepted for whatever reason.
- The sponsors reserve the right to cancel or amend the contest and these terms and conditions. Any changes to the contest will be notified to entrants as possible by Sheet Music Plus.
- Winners will be determined by the top-selling product in each category between August 22 and October 23, 2018. Top-selling is defined by titles with the highest total revenue. Only contest entries purchased by someone other than the entrant or the entrant’s immediate family members will count towards total revenue.
- All judging decisions are final.
- Winners will be notified as soon as possible. The sponsors reserve the right to extend the review period if more time is needed to select a winner.
- The winners agree to use of his/her names and images in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current privacy law.
- This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, or any other social network. You are providing your information to Sheet Music Plus, and its service SMP Press.