Congratulations to the New ArrangeMe Song Contest Winners!
SMP Press is excited to announce the winners of the New ArrangeMe Song Contest! You can check out these titles, as well as winning titles of previous contests, in the SMP Press Contest Winners Series.
- Strings Chamber Ensemble: Alison Gillies, A Million Dreams from the Greatest Showman – String Quartet
- Handbells: Sondra Tucker, Moondance
- Piano (Solo or Duet): Marina Pogosyan, Africa (Toto) Easy Piano Solo
- Brass & Woodwind Chamber Ensemble: Kate Agioritis, Spain – Chick Corea – for Saxophone Quartet
- Choral: Andrew Emmet, Can’t Help Falling in Love A Cappella
- Strings Chamber Ensemble: Antti Hakkarainen, Perfect – String Quartet
- Handbells: Wanda Canfield, Amen (Theme from Lilies of the Field)
- Piano (Solo or Duet): Jennifer Eklund, Don’t You Worry ‘Bout a Thing
- Brass & Woodwind Chamber Ensemble: Sebastian Skelly, Amy Winehouse – You Know I’m No Good for Brass Quintet
Each winner will receive $400, and each runner-up $100.
Thank you to all who participated for their fantastic work!
The New ArrangeMe Song Contest is for arrangements of songs that have not previously been arranged as part of the ArrangeMe program. Eligible songs will have had 0 arrangements submitted as of May 1, 2018. You may view the list of eligible songs here.
Prizes and Categories:
We will be offering a Winner’s Prize of $400 and a Runner’s Up Prize of $100 for eligible winning entries in each category.
- New ArrangeMe Song Arrangement, String Chamber Ensemble: Submit your arrangement of a never-before-arranged song on the ArrangeMe Song List for string chamber ensemble for a chance to win up to $400.
- New ArrangeMe Song Arrangement, Woodwind or Brass Chamber Ensemble: Submit your arrangement of a never-before-arranged song on the ArrangeMe Song List for woodwind or brass chamber ensemble for a chance to win up to $400.
- New ArrangeMe Song Arrangement, Piano Solo or Duet: Submit an arrangement of a never-before-arranged song for piano solo or duet for a chance to win up to $400.
- New ArrangeMe Song Arrangement, Handbells: Submit an arrangement of a never-before-arranged song for handbells for a chance to win up to $400.
For purposes of this contest, a chamber ensemble will be defined as any combination of two to ten instruments.
How It Works:
- Create an arrangement of one of the never-before-arranged ArrangeMe songs in one of the categories above. A list of eligible songs in the ArrangeMe program can be found here.
- Upload your title to SMP Press from May 1 until July 17, 11:59pm PST. Add the phrase “2018 New ArrangeMe Song Contest Entry” to the product description. Titles uploaded prior to the contest submission period are not eligible. All titles uploaded must be done by selecting Add an ArrangeMe Title in the SMP Press Center.
- Sell as much as possible from July 23 through September 14, 2018. Winners will be determined by the top-selling arrangement based on total revenue.
- The category winners win a $400 bonus paid through your usual payment method. The runners up win a $100 bonus paid through your usual payment method.
- Winners will also receive a contest winner’s badge that will be installed on their Sheet Music Plus publisher page, social media mentions, a mention in our newsletter and inclusion in the SMP Press Contest Winners Series!
Not an SMP Press Member? Join now. It’s Free!
- Upload Period: May 1 – July 17, 2018
- Selling Period: July 23 – September 14, 2018
- Winners Announced: by October 1, 2018
Terms and Conditions:
- The New ArrangeMe Song Contest is sponsored by Sheet Music Plus and its digital sheet music self-publishing platform, SMP Press.
- There is no entry fee.
- All submissions must be new items. No existing arrangements on Sheet Music Plus will be accepted.
- All submissions must be of new ArrangeMe songs that have 0 arrangements as of May 1, 2018.
- Sheet Music Plus reserves the right to disqualify a title due to copyright concerns, violation of contest terms, content deemed inappropriate, inappropriate pricing (for example, a set of score and parts totaling 100 pages for $12.99 ), or any other reason.
- All titles associated with this contest are subject to our SMP Press Terms and Conditions.
- This contest is open to arrangers of all ages.
- There are no geographical restrictions for this contest.
- Composers can enter arrangements in more than 1 category to increase chances of winning; however, only one prize will be awarded per entrant.
- Closing date for entry will be: July 17, 11:59pm PST. After this date no further entries to this competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not accepted for whatever reason.
- The sponsors reserve the right to cancel or amend the contest and these terms and conditions. Any changes to the contest will be notified to entrants as possible by Sheet Music Plus.
- Winners will be determined by the top-selling product in each category between July 23 and September 14, 2018. Top-selling is defined by titles with the highest total revenue. Only contest entries purchased by someone other than the entrant or the entrant’s immediate family members will count towards total revenue.
- All judging decisions are final.
- Winners will be notified as soon as possible. The sponsors reserve the right to extend the review period if more time is needed to select a winner.
- The winners agree to use of his/her names and images in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current privacy law.
- This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, or any other social network. You are providing your information to Sheet Music Plus, and its service SMP Press.