Sheet Music Plus is excited to announce the winners of the Keyboard Arranging Contest! Winning titles were based on the top-seller in each category based on total orders. Each winner receives a $400 cash prize and each runner up receives a $100 cash prize. Their titles will be added to the SMP Press Contest Winners Series. Thank you to all who participated. Congratulations, winners!
- ArrangeMe, Keyboard Solo Category: A Thousand Years, arranged by Julie Lind
- ArrangeMe, Keyboard Ensemble Category: Libertango for Piano Duet, arranged by Antti Hakkarainen
- Public Domain, Keyboard Solo Category: Eine Kleine Nachtmusik (Allegro) for Easy Piano, arranged by Marina Pogosyan
- Public Domain, Keyboard Ensemble Category: Star Spangled Banner for Piano Duet, arranged by Wanda Canfield
- ArrangeMe, Keyboard Solo Category: Over the Rainbow, arranged by Colleen Adent
- ArrangeMe, Keyboard Ensemble Category: Can’t Stop The Feeling from TROLLS for Piano Duet, arranged by Bradley Meholick
- Public Domain, Keyboard Solo Category: Songs of the Cross Medley for piano, arranged by Lois Mountz
- Public Domain, Keyboard Ensemble Category: Yankee Doodle for Piano Duet, arranged by Glenda Austin
Prizes and Categories:
We are pleased to announce that we will now be offering a Winner’s Prize of $400 and a Runner’s Up Prize of $100 for eligible winning entries in each category.
For the purposes of this contest, keyboard instruments include, but are not limited to, piano, organ, harpsichord, harmonium, electronic keyboard, etc. Eligible keyboard ensembles are, 1 keyboard 4 hands, 2 keyboards 4 hands, keyboard 6 hands, 2 keyboards 8 hands or any mixed keyboard ensemble up to 4 players, for example a piano-organ duet.
- ArrangeMe Song Arrangement, Keyboard Solo: Submit your arrangement of a song on the ArrangeMe song list for keyboard solo for a chance to win up to $400.
- ArrangeMe Song Arrangement, Keyboard Ensemble: Submit your arrangement of a song on the ArrangeMe song list for a keyboard ensemble of 2-4 players for a chance to win up to $400.
- Public Domain Arrangement, Keyboard Solo: Submit an arrangement of a public domain piece for keyboard solo for a chance to win up to $400.
- Public Domain Arrangement, Keyboard Ensemble: Submit an arrangement of a public domain piece for a keyboard ensemble of 2-4 players or chamber ensemble for a chance to win up to $400.
How It Works:
- Compose or arrange music in one of the categories above. A list of songs in the ArrangeMe program can be found here. A list of some popular public domain titles can be found here. (Please note, this public domain list is not exhaustive.)
- Upload your title to SMP Press from January 25 until February 23, 11:59pm PST. Add the phrase “2018 Keyboard Contest Entry” to the product description. Titles uploaded prior to the contest submission period are not eligible.
- NEW Minimum Pricing Requirements: Arrangements submitted for the contest must follow these minimum price guidelines. You can price higher, but not lower.
- ArrangeMe Keyboard Solo: $4.99
- ArrangeMe Keyboard, 2 Players: $5.99
- ArrangeMe Keyboard, 3-4 Players: $12.99
- Public Domain Keyboard Solo: $3.99
- Public Domain Keyboard, 2 Players: $4.99
- Public Domain Keyboard, 3-4 Players: $11.99
- Sell as much as possible from March 1 through April 27, 2018. Winners will be determined by the highest number of orders in each category.
- The category winners win a $400 bonus paid through your usual payment method. The runners up win a $100 bonus paid through your usual payment method.
- Winners will also receive a contest winner’s badge that will be installed on their Sheet Music Plus publisher page, social media mentions, a mention in our newsletter and inclusion in the SMP Press Contest Winners Series!
Not an SMP Press Member? Join now. It’s Free!
- Upload Period: January 25 – February 23, 2018
- Selling Period: March 1 – April 27, 2018
- Winners Announced: by May 11, 2018
Terms and Conditions:
- The Keyboard Music Arranging Contest is sponsored by Sheet Music Plus and its digital sheet music self-publishing platform, SMP Press.
- There is no entry fee.
- All submissions must be new items. No existing titles on Sheet Music Plus will be accepted.
- Titles must adhere to the following minimum pricing guidelines. Titles may be priced higher, but not lower. You may adjust the list price on a title after the completion of the selling period.- ArrangeMe Keyboard Solo: $4.99
– ArrangeMe Keyboard 2 Players: $5.99
– ArrangeMe Keyboard 3-4 Players: $12.99
– Public Domain Keyboard Solo: $3.99
– Public Domain Keyboard 2 Players: $4.99
– Public Domain Keyboard 3-4 Players: $11.99
- Qualifying public domain arrangements will be included in the Organ Music Sale (February 14 – March 14) and the Piano Duets Sale (April 4 – May 2) at 20% off. The sale price may drop below the minimum list price, which is expected and permitted.
- Sheet Music Plus reserves the right to disqualify a title due to copyright concerns, violation of contest terms, content deemed inappropriate, inappropriate pricing (for example, 50 pages priced for $3.99), or any other reason.
- Rights to all public domain arrangements remain the property of the original owner.
- All titles associated with this contest are subject to our SMP Press Terms and Conditions.
- This contest is open to composers and arrangers of all ages.
- There are no geographical restrictions for this contest.
- Composers can enter arrangements in more than 1 category to increase chances of winning; however, only one prize will be awarded per entrant.
- Closing date for entry will be: February 23, 11:59pm PST. After this date no further entries to this competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not accepted for whatever reason.
- The sponsors reserve the right to cancel or amend the contest and these terms and conditions. Any changes to the contest will be notified to entrants as possible by Sheet Music Plus.
- Winners will be determined by the top-selling product in each category between March 1 and April 27, 2018. Top-selling is defined by titles with the highest total orders. Only contest entries purchased by someone other than the entrant or the entrant’s immediate family members will count towards total orders.
- All judging decisions are final.
- Winners will be notified as soon as possible. The sponsors reserve the right to extend the review period if more time is needed to select a winner.
- The winners agree to use of his/her names and images in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current privacy law.
- This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, or any other social network. You are providing your information to Sheet Music Plus, and its service SMP Press.